Contractor Safety Share

Sharing safety information

Do Not Use Defective Equipment!

A vacuum hose was inserted into the sump of a Tank. When the vacuum received a large slug of material the hose jumped and hit the employee in the knee. There was a wire protruding out of the hose that punctured the skin of the knee.  The injured worker was taken to a medical facility where he received medical attention beyond first aid.


The hose was immediately taken out-of-service.  It should have not been put into service at the start.  Check your equipment before starting work.

Comments are closed