Contractor Safety Share

Sharing safety information

Heat from Light Fixture Burns Ceiling Tile

A telecommunication cable installer removed a ceiling tile with a can light on it. The light bulb was not disconnected. He left the site for a few seconds to help a co-worker, then proceeded to to lunch and forgot about the light and tile he removed earlier. [More]

PROPER INCIDENT REPORTING

An equipment rental company employee was in the process of picking up an aerial lift with a damaged head gasket. He was unaware that when he started the engine, oil had sprayed out the back of the aerial lift onto the gravel and arbor steel. [More]

Follow Proper Lockout/Tagout Procedures

While workers were performing preventative maintenance on a generator, a building operator inquired if the workers had gone through the proper Lockout/Tagout process for the generator. Workers stated that they did not review the lockout process. [More]