Contractor Safety Share

Sharing safety information

What You Don't See Can Hurt You

An employee was using a handheld reciprocating saw to cut an 8” by 8” hole through drywall. The saw blade contacted a ¾” EMT conduit with a 110 volt circuit causing a spark/flash. He was not injured or shocked and immediately stopped work. [More]

Heat from Light Fixture Burns Ceiling Tile

A telecommunication cable installer removed a ceiling tile with a can light on it. The light bulb was not disconnected. He left the site for a few seconds to help a co-worker, then proceeded to to lunch and forgot about the light and tile he removed earlier. [More]

Magnesium Foundry had numerous OSHA Violations

After a fire in April 2005 that killed one person and injured four others, the Indiana Labor Dept found nine serious violations at the Natl Magnesium & Aluminum Foundry in Ft. Wayne. They included not keeping the foundry clean and orderly, not using PPE, faulty wiring, and no training for employees. [More]